1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral 2013

Click here to download the pdf version .

During the June school holidays, a special programme for our youths was held by Gethsemane Youth Fellowship (GYF ). About 45 youths participated in the Youth Camp. We appreciate the joyful rendering of service and support by the YF committee and members of the church which have made this event possible. May the Lord bless all the labour of Gethsemaneans in bringing together youths in its respective programme that many souls be saved and edified.

{ JENICE CHOY } I truly thank the Lord for a blessed Youth Camp. I praise Him that His everlasting goodness and mercy were upon each and every one of the youths. It was certainly a blessed time of feasting on God’s Word and learning how to be an effective soul winner for Christ. I also learnt a lot through the fellowship with like-minded brethren as well as praying for one another. All glory be to God. “O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever” (1 Chronicles 16:34).

{ JOEY LIM } I thank God for the YF Camp; it was truly a blessed time of learning God’s Word and fellowship. I know from the testimonies of the YF committee that it was not its plan to have this stay-in camp, but thank our Sovereign God for His direction so that the youths might be saturated with the truth of His Word during these few days. I also thank God for the uncles and aunties who lovingly took care of us during this time.

Thank God for the messages from Jeremiah 1 that spoke to me. Pastor explained that soul-winning is more than just giving tracts; it is also teaching people to observe all things that Christ has commanded us. We have to teach, not just by words but also by our entire life. I thought, “How?” Then I realised for us to reflect Christ in our life, we need to live day by day in the presence of Christ. If we truly live in the presence of Christ, we will be obedient to Him and His Great Commission. Our Saviour would be so near and dear to us that our heart’s desire will be to tell the people around us about the love of Christ, the greatness and goodness of God.

May we see our Great King on His throne, and be faithful in “bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Almighty King, Thou art now here,
We come and bow before Thy throne.
Thy greatness we do fear, revere,
And in Thy love, for heaven groan.

Impress on us, Thy purity,
Thy holiness, perfectly bright,
And by Thy grace, help us to see
Our heinous sins in heaven’s light.

Gracious Saviour, and whilst we faint,
Let us not sink in dark despair.
With transgressions exceeding great,
We look to Christ, our griefs to bear.

Thou who reignest, we dread Thy wrath,
All other ways, stumbling and false.
Only the straight and narrow path
Pleases Thee, life’s Giver and Source.

Lord of our lives, teach us Thy way,
To live in Thy presence each day.
Thy Will, not one can thwart nor sway,
Glory to the Ancient of Days.

{ DORCAS KOSHY } Praise God for this Youth Camp. The previous camp which I attended was in 2010, so I thank God for another opportunity for the youths of our church to come together for fellowship and learning of God’s Word. Praise God for countless blessings He had showered upon the camp, of which I’ll name five:

1. The opportunity to learn from two great and noble ambassadors of Christ, namely Richard & Sabina Wurmbrand, through their biographical movie. I am particularly thankful for three lessons I have learnt from their remarks in the movie.
    • “To be a Christian is to be a Christian when it is most difficult to be one” — Sabina.
    • “A flower, if you bruise it under your feet, rewards you with its perfume.” — Richard. So Christians when they are persecuted will show even more patience and love towards the persecutors.
    • The promise “‘Do not be afraid’ appears 366 times — one each for every day of the year and one more for the extra day of the leap year.” — Richard.
  2. The low PSI (Pollutant Standards Index) when we went out to play games. After our games, the PSI increased again. God is in control of all things. He showed mercy that the scheduled programme might go on without interruption.
  3. The 9 promises from God to Jeremiah (Jeremiah 1:4-10) that we have learnt from the messages of Pastor are strong and sure. Hence, I must claim them for myself to be an effective soul winner.
  4. The reminder that fear and our insufficiency are not acceptable excuses for not preaching the Gospel to others.
  5. The affirmation that no power can undermine or overthrow us when we go about doing God’s work.

So let us trust God who told us “Say not, I am a child,” and boldly declare the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ to the world.

{ AMOZ CHOY } I would like to praise the Lord for His unceasing blessings throughout the camp. I thank God for the many lessons I have learnt from the beautiful truth of God’s Word expounded to us during the opening devotion, the main messages and discussions. The greatest and most precious truth I have learnt about being a soul winner for Christ is that when we witness for Jesus, our Saviour, we should not focus on our inadequacies, which are many, but on Christ and His promises to us in the Scriptures, which are so rich and wonderful. I pray that I will be able to apply the lessons that I have learnt, that I may be an effective soul winner for the praise and glory of the most High God.

I would also like to thank God for enabling me to organize the outdoor games. I thank God for the safety He has blessed us with, especially during the games. I thank God also for showing us that He was working, especially in the decision as to whether we should play outdoor games on the second day or the next. Thankfully, God allowed it to happen in such a way that the haze was reduced during our outdoor games time, and the situation only deteriorated the next day. Had we decided to delay the games till the next day, it would have been a challenge for me to have the planned outdoor games held within the meeting room. Indeed, God is gracious to us.

I thank and praise God for the organising committee which made tremendous efforts to ensure that the camp ran smoothly. In conclusion, I pray that all of us, starting from myself, can say, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek” (Romans 1:16). All praise be to the Most High God!

{ CANDICE DELINA } I’d like to thank the Lord for this Youth Camp, which has been a blessing to me. This is because I tend to lack courage in approaching others with the Gospel, especially because people whom I approach with the Gospel usually turn it down. I truly think that messages on the camp theme, “Soul Winners for Christ”, were very applicable to me. I was like those whom Pastor described as reluctant in the duty of evangelism, which God has commanded us to carry out. Also, I was always feeling the way Jeremiah did — inadequate to preach the Gospel. Even though I am nothing, when the Lord gives me a task to do, I can’t give excuses to get myself out of the God-given task. I have learnt that evangelism is Godcentred, so we do not have to fear any man as God will help us to do the work.

Hence, we should not let disappointments prevent us from evangelizing others. We must preach the Gospel not only in words but also in the way we live. I thank God for these lessons that I’ve learnt in the camp.

Lastly, I would like to thank the Lord for the camp committee as well as those who have helped out in the camp in their various duties. Thank God!

{ EUNICE CHOY } I want to thank God that I can come for this youth camp. I thank Him for the camp committee, helpers and all the youths who attended. I am thankful to the Lord for the safety and good health He had given us during all the activities. I was much encouraged especially when I saw all the youths sitting together during the Tuesday Night Prayer Meeting, which was included as part of the camp programme for Tuesday night. Indeed, there are many youths in our church and there are some who have not been coming for Youth Fellowship. I pray that they will come to join us in GYF to learn God’s Word and to have fellowship with one another in the Lord. I praise God for giving Pastor a good voice to teach us God’s Word during the messages.

During the camp, I learnt that God can use anyone to proclaim the Gospel, whether old or young, rich or poor. We should not fear men nor be reluctant to spread the Gospel. We should also not be afraid because of our lack of experience or our inabilities. Instead, we must be bold to speak a word for Jesus to whomever the Lord will lead us providentially. Also, God has given us many promises in His Word to comfort, lead and guide us. Thus, we need not be afraid. I am reminded by the messages that evangelism is not about my eloquence or me, but about preaching Jesus Christ. It is a God-centred duty which Christians must carry out. We are nothing but He is all in all, so let us do His will with courage.

{ VALERIE LEOW } I thank God for planning and providing for this Youth Camp, allowing it to take place according to His will; bringing the youths to this camp, appointing a camp committee committed to the diligent execution of God’s will and the honouring of His Word; sending faithful preachers to teach us the Word of God; and providing able and willing helpers to help in ensuring the smooth running of the camp and to care for the welfare of the attendees.

I thank God for the edifying time of fellowship and of learning His Word, His guidance in all activities planned and for the messages which equipped me with a fuller understanding of evangelism according to God’s Word.

I thank God for teaching me through the messages that the great commission to preach the Gospel to all people is a task of global and eternal importance; and that pertaining to this duty, neither ignorance, neglect, nor fear of self-inadequacies and of men will be accepted by the Lord of any Christian. We are not to cite selfinsufficiencies such as ineloquence or immaturity as excuses not to obey God, for the divine task of preaching the Gospel is far superior to our own abilities. Neither are we to allow men to intimidate us from executing God’s plan in evangelism, for the fear of men is a snare to our souls.

I thank God for giving us nine assurances in the form of “I … thee” from Jeremiah 1:5-10, telling us that evangelism is God-centred. With recognition of God as Author, Executioner and Consummator of evangelism, our feeling of selfinadequacies should motivate us to trust God, neither deifying ourselves by rejecting our self-insufficiencies nor disobeying God’s commission by allowing self-insufficiencies to hinder us from performing God’s work.

I thank God also for His counsels, which command us to quickly accept and assume God-given responsibilities, and to go to all that God will send us; recognizing first the need of people to hear the Gospel and then discerning the people to whom God wants us to preach the Gospel through His providence. Thank God for Jeremiah 1:10, which taught me that we have a divine appointment that sets us above all powers. Thank God for teaching me that evangelism constitutes the ‘pulling down of strong holds’, ‘casting down imaginations’ (2 Corinthians 10:4-5) of self-belief and self-exaltation, and then building and nurturing a God-honouring life, ‘bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ’ (2 Corinthians 10:5) through proper preaching in the church and showing obedience to God, such that we may ‘present every man perfect in Christ Jesus’ (Colossians 1:28).

I thank God also for the devotion preached on Proverbs 2:1-5, instructing us on the ways of pursuing and understanding the word of God; for the three other devotions prepared for us in the camp booklet; and for a fruitful time of Group Bible Activity.

I thank God also for keeping all of us safe throughout the camp and exhibiting His sovereignty by providing us with good weather during our outdoor games.

{ ANDRONICUS KOSHY } I thank the Lord that my time spent in the Youth Camp was time well-spent because through Pastor’s messages, I learnt quite a few timely lessons that I felt were necessary for me, especially in my new polytechnic life. His third message, which focused on why Christians often shy away from evangelising because of a sense of self-insufficiency, has enlightened me greatly. That, to me, was the main lesson from the camp that the Lord had given me to take home. It was so relevant to me! How often have I looked away from God-given opportunities to minister to my friends! And the excuse was always either that I was too young to share the Word, or that I was too afraid of their unhappy reactions to my effort to communicate the Gospel. But Pastor reminded us that the Lord had instructed us in Jeremiah 1:7 “Say not, I am a child” since the Lord will providentially lead and help us when we serve Him. Thank God for this encouragement to be a fearless soul winner for Him. Aside from spiritual lessons I have learnt, I am also thankful for the entire Gethsemane Youth Fellowship Committee and the helpers who spent a lot of time preparing for our stay in the chalets and our every meal. Also, for Dorcas, Dorothy, Jenice and Amoz who led in the games. I had a good time of fellowship with the boys in the bunk. I’m thankful that I could know some of them better as well as for the one night when we spent a short time praying together. It is good to know that all of us have a godly mindset, an encouraging spirit, and the willingness to grow in Christ.

Again, I thank God for this Youth Camp, and I’m eager to attend the next one.

{ DAVID KIM } I thank God for the recent Youth Camp. Before this camp, I was very worldly as I mingled too much with friends from school. Although they are from various churches, they speak vulgarities every day, and I have been badly influenced by their conduct. When they approached me with those vulgarities in their mouths, I would just laugh, though I felt a sense of guilt in my heart. However, Pastor’s sermon taught me that I must not be afraid to stand up to these bad friends and teach them the right way of being a Christian. Pastor also taught me that evangelism is not only about giving out tracts but also about bringing the unbelievers to church and not being afraid to share the Gospel with them.

I also thank God for everyone who helped to organize the camp, especially Uncle Andrew Koh, and also for those who provided refreshment during this time. I would also like to thank God for the discussions we had which were very relevant to our everyday life. The discussions helped me to learn not to follow worldly friends nor the fashion and the evil ways of the world. Finally, I would like to thank God for carrying me and all the other youths safely through the camp

{ DUAINE KABINGUE } Lamentations 3:22 says, “It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.” So, first of all, we must thank God for protecting us during the Youth Camp even though the PSI reading was very high at times. Thank God that no one suffered from asthma attacks. We must truly thank Him always.

I want to thank Pastor for giving us wonderful truths about evangelism from Jeremiah 1:4-10. I learnt that no matter how young we are, we just have to rely on God, and He will help us in our efforts to evangelize our loved ones, friends and even strangers. We also need not fear man because God is always with us. God emphasized the availability of His help 9 times through the various promises He made in that passage. To know our weakness means that we are growing in spiritual discernment. I thank God also for giving Pastor the wisdom and strength to answer our questions during the Q & A session.

I thank God for the film on the reallife story of Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand. They feared no man, so they evangelized even their tormentors. Sabina preached the Gospel to the man who killed her family members. They also trusted God in their trials when they were separated from each other. Richard, even with physical, emotional and mental torment, never failed to pray unceasingly to God. May we follow their godly examples in all our trials.

Thank God for providing the YF committee the grace and strength to organize the Youth Camp that we can have a pleasant time of blessed fellowship with one another.

Thank God for Uncle Donald who led us in the group discussion which was very edifying. We must be careful about who we make friends with because they will influence us, and if we continue to follow them, we will become like them. Our clothes, mannerisms and behaviour will become like the world.

Thank God for Aunties Kim Lei, Luan Kheng and others for strength to prepare the wonderful, scrumptious food that helped us to be alert and healthy during the different activities.

Thank God for those who organized the different games: indoor and outdoor games. The ice-breaker games were indeed “very ice-breaking”.

Thank God for providing all uncles, aunties and youths who helped me when I had breathlessness and on/off fever. They were very caring and helped me to feel comfortable when I was in pain. I am really thankful to all of them.

Luke 10:2 — “Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.” May we be soul winners for Christ. All glory and honour be to God!

{ NEO HUI-LYN } Praise and thank God for:

1. The messages by Pastor who preached on evangelism. Jeremiah 1:7-8 — “But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shall go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD” — was especially significant to this series of messages.
  2. The YF committee who organized this camp; they had selflessly and lovingly served in the camp.
  3. The aunties and uncles who took time off their busy schedules to cheerfully prepare the meals and refreshments, and even the BBQ in the hazy conditions.
  4. The last-minute provision of the campsite.
  5. Urging me to attend the camp to fellowship with other like-minded youths and feed on His Word.

{ ABIGAIL TAN } “Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?” (Galatians 3:3). Born in a Christian family, I was blessed in being able to go a church since I was young. My parents could have chosen to attend any of the modern churches around but I thank God that they had chosen a Bible-Presbyterian church where I would not have any fear that I might be introduced to false doctrines. Despite all these blessings that God has graciously given me, I was distracted by the world and always had close friendships with nonbelievers. As I grew up, my spirit was getting weaker and weaker and I fell deeper and deeper into sin. I was not totally ignorant of my spiritual state, but every time after I have repented of my sins, I would fall into sin once again in the blink of an eye. I thought Galatians 1:6 is truly applicable to me — “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.” Moreover, my pride never allowed me to accept the danger of yielding to my flesh. I was a “Sunday Christian” who would worship God only in the church service and then spend the other 6 days of the week on things that do not edify me or glorify God.

In this camp, I have truly learnt to humble myself, and I saw how deep in sin I was. I also learnt that selfinsufficiency was not an excuse for not preaching the marvellous Word of God to my unbelieving friends. I have learnt that I must never compromise in any circumstances and to stand firm on the word of God. I have truly understood what Pastor has been saying, that is, when we are out in the world for almost 6 days, we are to take our stand against the world, fighting the battle against sin.

Every time after leaving a church service or a session of fellowship, I am susceptible to the attacks of the devil. Without the strength of God and a resolute faith, any Christian can fall into the traps of the devil at the snap of the fingers. We are coming to the end times, and there is a dire need to preach the Gospel. I have learnt that despite being a teenager, I can still spread the great news, for it is my calling as a Christian. I thank the Lord for assuring me that we are above the world spiritually and that we have no need to fear man. Most importantly, I thank the Lord for teaching me that the way I lead my life is the best testimony I could give and I pray that I would lead a life that will bear witness for Christ before others.

{ SARAH TEO } This is my first time attending Gethsemane Youth Fellowship Camp. From this camp, I have made many friends and learnt many things from the messages and group Bible activities. From the messages preached by Pastor, one of the things that I have learnt is if God calls us to do His work, we should not give excuses but submit to Him. One thing that I have benefited from the group activities is an awareness that worldly trends are traps set by Satan. If we are not careful, we might fall into these traps. I would like to thank God that I have learnt all these and more from the messages and group Bible activities.

{ CLARA JESSE LAU } This is my first time coming for Gethsemane Youth Camp. I thank God for everyone who reached out to me, and for other first-timers in the camp. I thank God for sustaining the camp committee in its effort to make this camp enjoyable and edifying for everyone.

Before coming to the camp, I always feared joining evangelistic activities. I always dwelled on the fact that I tend to get nervous very easily and thought that ‘only adults can do it well’. After failed attempts at evangelising friends and distribution of tracts, I was rather discouraged and decided to avoid taking part. This camp has allowed me to realize the importance of evangelism as it is our duty as Christians to go and spread the Gospel. We need to put all our trust in God and believe that He will providentially guide and help us to do His work. God knows us better than we know ourselves; who are we to use age as an excuse! I pray that God will allow us to remember our inadequacy and in doing so, have stronger faith in God and overcome our fear of man. Discouragement will come, but we are to ‘shake off the dust of our feet’ and continue to strive to be a soul winner for Christ.

{ JEREMY TEO } I thank God for the opportunity to attend the Gethsemane Youth Fellowship Camp. On the first day, I was quite shy as I did not know many of the people at the camp. During the first message, Uncle Andrew spoke on Proverbs 2:1-5 about being persistent in seeking the Word of God and cherishing the Word of God. Pastor reminded us that it is our duty to be soul winners for Christ and that we should not be fearful or reluctant in doing the work of evangelism as fear makes us fail to attempt to preach the gospel. He also told us about the nine promises of God in Jeremiah 1:5-10. God also assures us that He will be with us always when we are preaching the Gospel (Matthew 28:18-20). God’s message is always greater than any man, so no power can stop us from preaching the Gospel. From these messages, I learnt that evangelism is not just putting tracts in letter boxes, but going to people and telling them about the Gospel. I also learnt that we must not follow non- Christians and their worldly thinking.

Thank God for this spiritual retreat from the world. I enjoyed the camp and made some new friends. I hope to be able to attend the next youth camp and most importantly, to be able to apply what I have learnt in my daily life.

{ KAREN CHAN } God has greatly blessed me throughout this whole Youth Camp. This was my very first church youth camp and I have greatly enjoyed it. Just a day before the camp, my mum (not yet a Christian) said to me that she wouldn’t allow me go for this camp, saying that it would make me crazy. But I kept on praying and so did Dorcas and some other church members. (I want to thank all who prayed for me.) On the day of the camp, my mum persevered in her opinion and wouldn’t let me go. I almost gave up hope. Then, at the very last minute, a miracle happened. My mum’s heart was softened and she let me go for this camp. God is great. God can move anyone’s heart.

During this camp, I have learnt so much. The messages really moved my heart to be a soul winner for Christ, and I know many people in my life who need to be saved. Maybe I could be the one to tell them about the Gospel, especially my mum. During the camp, my faith has been greatly strengthened. One line that I cannot forget from this camp is Richard Wurmbrand’s statement — “Faith that can be broken by suffering isn’t faith.”

I’ve got to know many other youths who attended the camp. Now I feel a sense of belonging to the GYF. I want to also thank the committee who arranged all things for us :) (Sis Ruth, Auntie Lynn, Pastor Koshy, Elder Choy, Sis Diana Chan, Uncle Andrew and Auntie Kim Lei) Only by God’s grace and blessing could I come to this youth camp, and I thank God for everything :)

{ SAMUEL LEE } Thank God that I am able to attend this year’s Youth Camp. It was truly another time for spiritual nourishment and fellowship, and I was greatly blessed by Pastor’s messages. This year’s theme was to be a soul winner for Christ. I always had the impression that it was a difficult task to be a soul winner for Christ. I was always fearful of preaching the Gospel to my unbelieving friends. I was worried about their adverse reaction and how they would tell their parents about me. Often, I would cite excuses such as self-insufficiency just to avoid sharing the Gospel. But I am glad that Pastor had preached from Jeremiah 1:4-10. The example of Jeremiah being fearful as he was only a child is truly an example that can be applied in our lives today. We must not have any excuses when carrying out the Great Commission that Christ has for us, but trust in the Holy Spirit who works in us. Other than Pastor’s messages, Bro Donald also provided valuable materials for us during the group discussions, and I have learnt about the worldly trends that would endanger our souls. As a soul winner for Christ, not only must we preach the Gospel to our unbelieving friends, but we must also avoid being influenced by them and guard ourselves against sinful temptations. I thank God also for all the uncles and aunties who had worked painstakingly to prepare the food for the youths as well as for Dorcas and Amoz who organized the activities in the afternoon. All glory be to God.

{ LIM HUA SEE } Thank God for the recent camp organized for the youths, and all who laboured for our enjoyment and edification in the camp. Thank God also for His hand that controlled the weather so that the outdoor games and activities could be held as well as for the fellowship and the messages that were taught during the camp.

I thank God especially for the devotional message at the beginning of the camp, which gave me the right perspective of being in such a camp. Indeed, it was a spiritual camp, one that must be attended with a teachable spirit — cherishing what we would be taught from the Word, a seeking attitude to learn more and be in constant prayer that we might understand all the truths that were imparted.

I also thank God for the rebuke through the theme messages. These messages clearly taught us that we must desire and strive to be effective soul winners for Christ. We ought to be bold for the Lord. We are not to be overly obsessed by our insufficiency and therefore continually make excuses such as being too young to be a soul winner. We should remember God’s promises of help and put all our trust in Him. Then He would strengthen us and help us to spread the Gospel. However, salvation is of the Lord, so we should not be discouraged if we fail to bring some of our contacts to Christ.

Thank God also for the group discussion and Q & A time. These sessions had opened my eyes to take note of a number of things that I had not noticed before in the past, and also allowed me to clarify many of my doubts.

Furthermore, I would like to thank God for the salvation of our 3 new friends who came for the camp. May the Lord continue to bless them and bring them closer to Him that they too might grow in the knowledge of God.

In conclusion, I thank God for all His blessings upon me, and also for the other campers throughout the camp.

{ MOSES LEE } As it is the June holiday break, many youths would hang out with their friends at worldly places and engage in other unprofitable stuff. Some would be caught up with their school CCAs. But I thank the Lord that my older siblings and I could come for this youth camp so that our souls may be edified by learning God’s Word and fellowshipping with other youths from our church. I thank the Lord also for the YF committee for making the effort to look after us by providing us with comfortable lodging.

Pastor preached on the book of Jeremiah chapter 1, that we should not be afraid to win souls for Christ because of our self-insufficiency. I reflected upon myself after hearing the messages and realized that I was scared to share the Gospel because I knew that my friends would not listen to me. I also thought that I did not have enough Bible knowledge to share the Gospel. Pastor said that knowing your self-insufficiency is good if it does not hinder you from winning souls for Christ. When you see your insufficiency, you must turn to the Lord who commands you to preach the Gospel. The Lord also gave nine promises to Jeremiah after he said that he was a child and that he could not speak (v. 6). From the nine promises (verses 4-5, 7-10), which are also assurances, I learnt that God will help me and that I should not doubt him. Hence, I am challenged to obey the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19-20 — “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

I have also learnt a lot from the Bible quiz and realized that a lot of idioms, similes and phrases in the English Language are taken from the King James Bible. Thank God for the ice breakers and outdoor games organised by some of the youths, and also for the tasty food prepared by the different uncles and aunties. Thank the Lord for the screening of the film on the life of Richard Wurmbrand as well as the group discussions on the topics, “Worldly Trends and the Youth” and “Friendships and Sexual Orientation”. The film taught me to be a better Christian by being patient and loving to those who persecute me. The group discussions reminded me that this world is full of sin — more people dressing very immodestly and increasing number of LGBTs in today’s society.

I pray that I will remember all that I have learnt from this youth camp and that I will apply them in my daily life. I also look forward to attending the next youth camp and I pray that more youths will come and join us.

{ MICHELLE LEE } I thank God for the opportunity to attend this year’s Youth Camp entitled “Soul Winners for Christ”. I have been greatly blessed by attending this camp and have learnt much from all the messages and activities. From the messages preached by Pastor, I have learnt that there are no valid excuses for not being a soul winner for Christ. Our inadequacies are not a valid reason and we must not fear any man when preaching the Gospel. The feeling of inadequacy will be with us throughout our lives because we are insufficient on our own. God has given us 9 promises in Jeremiah 1:5-10 which assures us that He will be with us and guide us. Salvation is of the Lord and not of us.

I have also learnt that apart from telling our friends the Gospel, it is also very important to be a good testimony to those around us. Others must be able to see Christ in us as well. I am reminded of Matthew 5:16 — “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

I also thank the Lord for the many interesting games which I enjoyed, the fellowship with like-minded brethren and the good food that the aunties had so lovingly prepared for us. Indeed, I have profited much from this youth camp and have been uplifted spiritually. I pray that I will be bolder in sharing the Gospel with my unbelieving friends and truly be a soul winner for Christ. I also look forward to attending the next youth retreat/camp.

All glory be to God!

{ LOK QIAN HUI } Every youth retreat/camp is always filled with blessings. Thank God that so many youths had joined this year’s Youth Camp! Of the many lessons I have learnt about being “Soul Winners for Christ” and for the many thanksgivings I wish to render unto God, I would like to share two of each.

Two lessons:

1. From the messages: we should not give any excuses for not wanting to evangelise others; trust that God will give us the words, courage and grace to be a fruitful soul winner for Christ; only fear God and not man.
  2. From the film on Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand: “A faith that can be destroyed by suffering is not faith.”

Two thanksgivings:

1. Boys’ and girls’ prayer time — where we can thank God and pray for one another’s items.
  2. Youth Committee — their fantastic effort in planning, organising and taking good care of the youths. I am very grateful to all who serve the Lord cheerfully.

May the following verses encourage our hearts:

Colossians 3:23 — “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.”

1 Samuel 12:24 — “Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.”

Camp Theme Verse:

THEREFORE SAID HE UNTO
THEM, THE HARVEST TRULY
IS GREAT, BUT THE LABOURERS
ARE FEW: PRAY YE THEREFORE
THE LORD OFTHE HARVEST,
THAT HE WOULD SEND
FORTH LABOURERS
INTO HIS HARVEST.
—Luke 10:2