1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral 2013

Come and Cast the Gospel Net

PrintE-mail

This Saturday night at 8 pm, we will start off a month long thanksgiving to the Lord for 25 years of His goodness to Gethsemane B-P Church. We will begin it all with a Gospel Rally. The Gospel preacher will be Rev Paul Ferguson, and the interpreter of the message into Mandarin will be Pr Kelvin Wong.

I trust that you have been praying and labouring to bring your unsaved friends and relatives to the Gospel Rally. May I once again urge you to make every effort to bring someone to hear the Gospel. Even if no one responds to your invitation, please come and participate in the rally as you will have a chance to talk to someone who comes to the rally about our Great Saviour. By your prayerful participation, you can be a testimony to someone about Christ.

As the Gospel Rally is less than a week away, I would like to call everyone’s attention to our Lord’s wonderful promise: “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19). These words of Jesus are full of promise and motivation. None who reads them should fail to observe the prospects they offer. These words of Jesus are gracious, potent and transforming! They are for our joyful contemplation and obedience.

These words were first spoken to Andrew, Simon Peter, John and James. They took it to heart as a personal promise, and responded by leaving their boats and nets to follow Christ.

Dear reader, are you brought low by a sense of your own unworthiness? Do you feel that you can never be useful to lead men to Christ? You need to know that if you answer the call of Jesus and follow Him to do His will, then you will be moulded by His wisdom and power to fulfil His calling.

Please note also that when His call comes to you, you may not be all that you ought to be. When the Lord saves you by His gracious call, He has undertaken your sanctification, edification and even your usefulness. His words “Follow me” are not merely that you may be saved, or even that you may be sanctified but, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” If you feel that you are not yet ready to be a fisher of men, then ask Him for His grace to go a-fishing, and so cast your Gospel net that you may take a great multitude of souls out of the sea of sin.

You, my reader, live in the midst of millions of unsaved people in this city state. If you will follow Jesus, and be faithful and true to Him, and do what He bids you, He will make you fishers of men. Do not say, “Who shall save this city?” The weakest shall be strong enough.

Little boy David’s stone brought Goliath, the mighty Philistine, down. Gideon’s barley cake smote the tent. Samson, with the jawbone taken up from the dust of the earth, smote the Philistines. Fear not, neither be dismayed. Let your concerns about your duty of witnessing drive you closer to your Master.

Let the horror of besetting sin make you look unto His dear face. Cling on to the Lord, and never let go of your hold. Follow Him everywhere, at all times. By the strong and mighty impulses of the divine Spirit within you, He will lead you to maturity. If you are not fit for this great employment, He will make you fit.

You cannot do it by yourself. He will make you do it. You do not know how to spread nets and draw shoals of fish to shore, but He will teach you. Only follow Him, and He will make you fishers of men.

I see you this Saturday evening for the casting of the Gospel net. May God be pleased to bless us with many souls.

Email Received

Dear Pastor Koshy,

Greetings in Christ Jesus’ blessed name.

I have received your e-mail. I am sorry that your phone calls couldn’t reach me due to connection problems.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to all of you for the invitation to attend the Silver Jubilee Thanksgiving Service of Gethsemane B-P Church. But I am not able to come because I could not get my expired passport renewed in time.

Once again, I thank you so much for your concern for my family’s accommodation problems here in Addis Ababa, and helping me with a good solution. My family and I are so glad to hear the good news of your advice to us to move into the premises of GBI. God willing, we will try to move there at the end of this month.

God bless you.

Sincerely in Christ,
Pr Imane Dola

Dear Rev Koshy,

How are you? I hope you are well and you still remember me. I am one of your students from Cambodia, Srun Chivan, the one who troubled you a lot when writing my thesis. I really appreciate your kindness and love. It had been a great experience for me and it would stay in my memory for life.

How is your ministry, the Bible Witness Media Ministry? I have visited your website. It is great and I notice you are doing a great work. Praise God for that.

I pray that God will continue to bless you, your family and your ministry for the glory of His Name.

Srun Chivan