1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral 2012

Come Before Him With Thanksgiving

PrintE-mail

Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God” (2 Corinthians 9:11).early Beloved in the Lord!

Every year, we dedicate one Sunday in the month of March as “Anniversary Thanksgiving Sunday”. As such, today is our 24th Anniversary Thanksgiving Sunday. This is an important and wonderful godly custom we have been observing.

A thanksgiving service helps us to nurture an appropriate attitude in our hearts as we come to worship before the Lord. It helps to heighten our love and devotion to Him, who has dealt with us and bestow upon us countless blessings. Thanksgiving grabs our attention, shakes the cobwebs loose and reminds us of God’s most precious gift, Jesus Christ, our great Saviour, and all the spiritual and material blessings that are in Christ.

The Anniversary Thanksgiving Service has always held a special place in my heart. It rekindles the kind of God-centred gratitude that our Lord demands and deserves. On this occasion, my heart is stirred to serve Him with greater zeal and faithfulness. It also helps stimulate a deeper appreciation for all fellow Gethsemaneans and friends of our church. I always look forward to our Thanksgiving meal after the service, when we sit together and enjoy sweet Christian fellowship.

I would like to share with you a few of the blessings that deeply touch me this year and prompt me to thank God. May your hearts also recollect some blessings that the Lord has bestowed on you through our church.

• Weekly worship services, where the Lord is glorified and His Word is preached.
  • Salvation of several souls, and new members who were added to our church.
  • Co-labourers in the Lord – elders, deacons, preachers, church staff, missionaries and committee members of the various ministries.
  • Church’s commitment to sound doctrine and holy life.
  • Good progress in all our local ministries and foreign missions.
  • Establishment of Gethsemane Bible Institute, for the training of men for the Gospel work.
  • Provision of funds for all the ministries, particularly for the construction of the church and Bible college in Ethiopia, and for the medical treatment of our missionary, Dominino.
  • The abundant provision of His sufficient grace in all our trials and challenges.

Have you come today with grateful recollections of God’ goodness that you received through Gethsemane B-P Church?

Biblical thanksgiving is not merely a social courtesy, but is the overflow of hearts that truly appreciate God’s love and goodness.

Some of us might have experienced hardships in our life and ministry in Gethsemane B-P Church. However, those who stayed attuned to God in their difficulties, I am sure, have been taught by His Spirit and His Word to grow in love and service toward others. Through those tough times, our faith has been strengthened and our hearts have been sanctified. So we need to give thanks to God for those rough and tough experiences as well. “Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High” (Psalm 50:14).

Pastoral Exhortation