1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

Pastor's Letter To The Youths

PrintE-mail

Dear youths of Gethsemane and Calvary Tengah,

Passion for Christ! This theme for the combined youth retreat (June 6-8, Mon-Wed) is chosen with a sincere conviction that the church is in great need of Christian youths whose hearts are set on fire for Christ. Most of the youths in modern churches are very worldly - the very thing that Christ and His Word prohibit. Yet churches are filled with carnal and worldly youths. What a tragedy! But I pray that you, my friends, will be true and zealous lovers of Christ, and not of the world.

Dr Paul Ferguson and I are delighted to minister the Word of God to you. We will have lots of time to interact with you during the retreat. There is also a question-and-answer session for you to clear your doubts and also to find out good biblical counsels on any issue that bothers you. So come prepared with your questions. (Please refer to the timetable of the retreat attached herewith.)

We are aware that many youths in both churches are bogged down by their school programmes, and will not be able to attend all the meetings. But I would like to urge the youths to make every effort to attend as many sessions as possible. It is a great loss to miss all the messages and good fellowship planned for you. So, join the retreat whenever possible if you can't participate fully. Your labour to join will not be in vain.

Come with prayer and expectation of a personal revival of your heart to love Christ. O how we need to love our Saviour who loved us so greatly, and gave His life for our salvation. As the Apostle John said in 1 John 4:19, "We love him, because he first loved us."

May I also remind you to give all diligence to keep the solemnity of our gathering before the Lord. Please be modestly attired at all times. Let your appearance and conduct be always becoming of the holiness of our Most Holy God.

I trust that the opportunity to interact with youths from two churches will be an exciting time for all of you. May our love for Christ and for fellow brethren abound.

In His love,

Pastor Koshy

Greetings From Bro Eliezer Ortega

Dear Pastor Koshy and Session members of Gethsemane BP Church,

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

Blessed be the Lord who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. All praise and glory be unto God for His goodness. The Lord has once again proved His faithfulness to me and my family. His ways and timing are perfect. Thus together with the Psalmist, I echo with him, “O taste and see that the LORD is good”.

Please allow me and my family to extend our heartfelt thanksgiving first to God from whom all blessings flow and to the Gethsemane B-P Church which the LORD has used as the channel of His blessings. The gift which we have received from the church was just in time and sufficient for the urgent need that we have. It has greatly helped my family, especially my children. The Lord has been good and has always been true to His promises. All the more I enjoined my family to put our all in all to Him and to live a life that would testify the goodness of the Lord.

Again in behalf of my family, it is with sincere thanksgiving that I write to the church for the love gift you have extended to us.

All glory be to God!!!

Sincerely in Christ and in behalf of my family,

Bro Eliezer Ortega

Pastoral Exhortation