1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

Testimonies Of Bible Witness Staff

PrintE-mail

Dn Lok Kwok Wah

I would like to begin by giving you a brief history of Bible Witness. Ten years ago, the Lord placed a burden and vision in the heart of Rev Dr Prabhudas Koshy for a literature ministry to reach the world with the Gospel of Christ and the truth of His Word. This desire has its foundation in Acts 1:8 where the Lord said, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." When Rev Koshy made known that desire to the leaders and members of Gethsemane B-P Church, they joyfully agreed to pray and consider such a ministry. After almost four years of prayer and initial preparations, the Bible Witness Literature Ministry was set up in 2000, and the first issue of the Bible Witness magazine was published the following year. Three years later, the Lord renewed Rev Koshy’s vision concerning this ministry to extend it through modern media like CD, VCD, DVD, Internet, etc. Hence the ministry was renamed Bible Witness Media Ministry.

Presently, we have a team of seven brethren working in the Church Resource Centre of Gethsemane B-P Church to make our vision possible. They have sacrificially and diligently served the Lord. Apart from them, we also receive invaluable help from several brothers and sisters, who serve voluntarily as proofreaders, editors, designers, etc. We are also thankful to the Lord for Bible-Presbyterian ministers, missionaries and elders who regularly contribute articles in the Bible Witness magazine.

Due to the Bible preservation controversy, the support for the magazine was terribly reduced. Many churches cancelled their subscriptions. We have to depend purely on God’s provision through the love gifts of God's people, not only for funds but also for motivation to continue to publish.

Now our principle is to distribute Bible Witness magazines freely, based on Matthew 10:8 - “Freely ye have received, freely give.”

Thank the Lord for giving me His grace to serve in the Bible Witness Media Ministry in coordinating the printing of the Bible Witness magazine from the initial stage of editing to its final production and distribution.

All glory be to the Lord.

Kenneth Wong

Tonight is a night of praise and thanksgiving to our Lord for His sustaining grace to this ministry for the past ten years. In April 2004, I joined as the fourth full-time staff in the church after Pastor, Sis Diana Koh and Dn Kwok Wah. In the beginning, the ministry produced only printed materials such as Bible Witness magazines, tracts and greeting cards. But now it makes available audio as well as video recordings of sermons and children’s programmes. Moreover, it has a major Internet ministry. As the ministry grew, its burdens also increased. We needed more skilled personnel and finances. Shortly, the Lord provided Sis Sharon Ng to be our illustration artist. She had lent her hands to many of the Bible Witness magazine drawings as well as CD/DVD covers, and animation in a DVD for the children entitled “The Scripture in Song”. She served with us until Bro Dominino dela Cruz, Gethsemane B-P Church’s missionary in Bogo, the Philippines, married her and brought her there!

Praise God for the many projects that the ministry has undertaken and completed. At the same time, we are very aware of the need to make improvements to our media productions. So we pray that the Lord will continue to grant us wisdom and strength to make good progress in the coming days.

We do undertake projects from FEBC and sister churches when they require our assistance. Personally speaking, such opportunities to serve the Lord have honed my skills.

With our Pastor’s regular work in the church ministry, he took upon himself the burden to write, edit and give leadership to the Bible Witness Media Ministry. Many times, while trying to get the Bible Witness magazine out in time, we work till the wee hours of the morning. Despite his health condition, we thank God that he has always been abounding in the work of the Lord. Do uphold him in prayer and all of us who co-labour with him in Bible Witness.

We would like to praise the Lord for the provisions of funds to procure good computers, software, video and audio equipment, and all other equipment. In this respect, I would like to thank God for brethren from other B-P churches who readily offered their advice and help to me in deciding on appropriate equipment, course of action, etc.

Finally, I will also briefly mention the Bible Witness retreats which we started last year, with Bro Stephen Yap as the coordinator. The Bible studies on various topics that were taught by Pastor Koshy have been uploaded to our website. You can access them by visiting www.biblewitness. com. We do have plans to make them available on mobile devices soon.

Do remember us in prayer. I like to end with Matthew 9:37 - "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few."

Eric Delina

It is the Lord’s grace that led me to the Internet radio broadcast of Bible Witness Media Ministry known as BWWR. I was studying in FEBC in response to God’s call for me to be a preacher of God’s Word. But after studying in FEBC for two years, God, through His servant Pastor Koshy, guided me to the BWWR. This ministry had two main issues. Firstly, I know my calling, and secondly, I knew nothing about Internet radio and all its complexities. It was with much prayer and submission with Pastor’s guidance that I accepted the appointment, seeing the necessity of bringing God’s Word to the uttermost parts of the world through the Internet.

The ministry’s struggle was its set-up. Where should I start? What are the programs and applications we need? Should we go for hosting (that will cost us thousands of dollars per month and the data space is limited) or should we have our own server (data only limited to the size of the data storage, which will cost us a minimal monthly fee)? The best choice was to have our own. But how? It was impossible for me to do the set-up. Yet, I stood on the promise of God in Zechariah 4:6 - “… Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” Truly it was by God’s mighty Spirit that gave me wisdom and understanding to do what I could not. All glory be unto God.

In His time, the Lord blessed us with wisdom to purchase our own “Internet server” (which we use to broadcast the radio and host all our websites) and specialized broadcasting software, and to have a recording studio constructed. He even provided people to labour for Him. Thanks be unto God for the provision, for without them, this ministry will not survive. It’s been 5 years now that the Lord has sustained the ministry and the Lord has blessed it with listeners from countries like Australia, Brazil, Finland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Nigeria, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, the UK and the USA, and we pray many more will tune in as the Lord brings them to us. As we hear from the feedback and testimonies we receive occasionally, it is truly amazing how the Lord directs people to our ministry and how they have been blessed through our humble efforts.

The 1 TB Internet server we have purchased for $4,000 is not only capable of broadcasting the Internet radio 24/7; it also handles our video and audio sermons, websites and all other Internet-related programmes.

Since 2009, we have been broadcasting live our Gethsemane BPC Sunday sermon on Internet radio. This facility has helped our brethren who are unable to come to church because of peculiar situations of life to tune in and join us for worship. We are praying for a live video telecast in the future, God willing. Please pray with us that the Lord will give us wisdom to find the right software and the right server for this purpose. The Lord also brings in listeners from many countries who do not have sound Bible-believing churches to go to. May they be blessed and strengthened through this facility.

The Lord also provided us with other essential equipment such as a mirror server, laptops and computers for the running and maintenance of all our resources.

Currently, we are making amendments to the websites of our church and Bible Witness Media Ministry using the latest CMS (Content Management System) technology called JOOMLA to serve our visitors better and to bring the Word of God across the world more effectively.

All glory be unto the Lord, and may He bless our humble efforts to preach His Gospel throughout the world.

Pastoral Exhortation