1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

Remember His Wonderful Works

PrintE-mail

Today, we offer our thanks to the Lord for 23 years of the existence of Gethsemane B-P Church. It is our custom to set aside a Sunday in March to recollect and to give thanks for His favour upon our ministries, members and leaders.

I will share with you some of the things for which I am particularly thankful to God today for Gethsemane:

• For the Christ-honouring, biblical doctrines of the church.
  • For the biblical conviction and steadfastness of the elders, deacons and preachers.
  • For the united and cheerful congregation that labours together with the leadership.
  • For the hunger and thirst to study God’s Word.
  • For the prayerfulness of members; and for the Tuesday prayer meeting.
  • For the readiness and generosity towards the work of the Lord.
  • For the ready service rendered by almost all the members.
  • For the many local evangelistic fronts (GEO, GCM, monthly door-to-door evangelism, TGCM, etc.)
  • For the diversity of race, language, nationality within our congregation.
  • For the church’s zeal to carry out our Lord’s mandate of global evangelism (foreign missions, publications of multilingual tracts, Bible Witness magazines, web radio, etc.)
  • For the mutual love and care among the brethren.

May I also ask you to recollect God’s blessings that you have received through Gethsemane B-P Church. As you prepare to worship the Lord today, mention them in your quiet prayers and thank Him. Praise Him also for the wondrous things that He has wrought in our midst.

“He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion. He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant. He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen” (Psalm 111:4-6).

Anniversary Greetings

Dear Pastor, the Church Session and all our Beloved Brothers and Sisters,

Greetings in the Blessed Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

On behalf of your daughter church here in Cebu City, Philippines, I greet you all on the occasion of the mother church’s 23rd Anniversary. We are with you in your rejoicing and thanksgiving unto the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness all these years.

On this happy occasion, I would like to express our sincere appreciation for all your support and prayers. Please know that your burden for the Lord’s work has been a great encouragement to us and has become an example that we hope to duplicate for the glory of God.

We thank the Lord for His faithful under-shepherd in our beloved Pastor Koshy who has faithfully laboured nurturing God’s flock not only in the mother church but even among its daughter churches in different parts of the world through his counsel and advice.

We also commend the Church Session in their commitment in serving side by side with Pastor, the faithful co-labourers serving in different capacities in the various ministries of the Church and all our fellow Gethsemaneans.

“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Blessed Anniversary To You All!

Rev Reggor Galarpe

Pastoral Exhortation